Friday, August 19, 2011

Look whose 5...

Adelyn and Noah at Goofy's Kitchen.
Noah's Goofy's kitchen group.



Goofy himself (you decide who I am talking about)




The very proud birthday boy!

On his birthday, Kevin, Jaxson, Nana and I took Noah to Disneyland. We rode a few rides and ate lunch and then left Kevin with the birthday boy so they could do "big boy" rides while we went home to take a nap. While we were napping, Kevin and Noah waited an hour and half to go on the new Star Tours ride. They liked it and had a nice time together. At 6pm, we met up with Grandma, Grandpa Dave, Uncle Brian, Papa, Uncle Eric, Nicole and Adelyn at Goofy's kitchen (it's in the Disneyland hotel, it's a buffet where characters come around while you eat). Noah had been waiting for this part of the day. The food was good and Noah actually ate some which was great (he had pizza, mac and cheese and a few things from the dessert area). About 6 characters came around and he loved it, they signed his autograph book and took pictures with him. Adelyn couldn't make it to his upcoming party and hadn't ever been to Goofy's kitchen so her and Nicole joined us and I'm so glad they did. Noah loved having Adelyn there to get excited about characters with. Funny story: the fairy godmother from Cinderella walks up to Noah and says, "is this your sister?" Noah says , "yes." Godmother says,"what's her name?" Noah, without missing a beat,"Adelyn." Then the fairy godmother say, "would you like my autograph?" He thinks for a second and say's "no," she says, " how about a picture?" Noah, "no." She looked at me and said something like, not the first time. So later when we were walking out of the hotel I asked Noah why he said Adelyn was his sister and he said, "cause I want one." And he asked when he could have one. Won't he be surprised when we tell him he is going to be a big brother again in February.

Overall, Noah had a great day and so did we.


I'm not sure where the time went but I feel like I blinked my eyes and my Noah turned 5! I am so proud to be his "mama." Here are a few things about this extremely handsome, cute, funny, smart (ok, I know this is bias but I'm the Mama) 5 year-old boy:

-Great Big Brother: he is so loving towards Jax, he truly thinks about him and loves him even when he is following him around and wanting every toy that Noah has. He has so much patience when it comes to his brother.

-Artistic: He loves to paint, color with markers more than crayons, he makes random things out of paper. Anything you call a craft, he's all over it.

-Stubborn: When he makes up his mind to do something, it is very hard to change it or redirect him. I hope this is a huge positive for him in the future and he goes for his dreams and goals.

-Nature Lover: He loves to go for "nature walks." He has a wagon full of supplies (bug catcher, telescope, shovel, etc) and we walks around the neighborhood looking for bugs, pine cones, animals anything that has to do with nature or that fits in his bug catcher. He has come home with worms, ladybugs, a baby lizard (which we let go back to it's family the next day) and LOTS of pine cones.

-Picky Eater: We still have a very limited menu when it comes to Noah. He likes dinosaur chicken nuggets (he will eat nuggets from fast food places but he prefers dinosaurs), pancakes (only a few brands will work and he won't ever order them if we go out, he says they don't taste good), beans and rice (only from a resturant), goldfish crackers, elmo crackers, key lime pie yogurt (he will only eat "green yogurt"), popsicles, oreos (these are a new addition this year), cheese pizza...















1 comment:

  1. AHHH!! You little sneaky girl!! I am so happy for you! I hope you're feeling ok and I can't wait to hear what you're having! 3 is amazing and I know you will just love it.

    ReplyDelete